Friday was the last day before we had to go back home... it made me so sad because I did not want to leave Antigua. But the best thing about this day was Adam agreed to something that I have been begging (pleading) for for so long... he took me on a PICNIC. The picture below was the view from the outdoor shower...picture perfect.
Our friend Devon (below with the dinghy) packed us up and gave us a ride to our private beach... We got everything set up - complete with an umbrella.
They set us up with dips, veggies, prosciutto, smoked salmon, fruit, and pineapple upside down cake.
Washing the dishes in the Caribbean.
When we returned, we laid out by the pool. There was a family at Hermitage from Colorado with a little girl who found the starfish below. She was planning to take it back with her.
And here I am with our little friend, Cassidy. She loved playing with me in the pool. We spent a few hours on this lazy afternoon playing games in the pool- counting the tiles along the perimeter, throwing dive sticks, learning to float...
Her parent's were enjoying the babysitting.
This was our LAST dinner at Hermitage. We were sad, but ready to eat, eat, eat! You can't really tell in the photo, but I have on a necklace that I purchased from a native Antiguan. She was selling handmade jewelry on the beach out of a suitcase she carried on the top of her head. It has pearls, coral, and jade. I love it and will keep it forever!
I started with a sausage, pepper, and pineapple salad.
Adam started with a grilled portabella, shrimp, and cheese melt.
Adam had the chicken.
I had the scallops with beans and bacon.
Of course we had dessert- Adam had an assortment of sorbets and cinnamon ice cream. I had the warm pear tartlet with cinnamon ice cream. It was the perfect last meal on our Honeymoon. Thank goodness Adam wasn't judging the way I ate this week or I'd be in trouble. Back to reality when we return home..Monday lunch will consist of salad for me and turkey sandwich for Adam...uggg!
This is our little (big) friend that was waiting on our veranda when we return home... he was about a 1.5 feet long...he was just hangin' around.


No comments:
Post a Comment