(We are back home and the Internet connection is a lot quicker...now I can finally catch up)...Here are a few photos from Wednesday night dinner. I am not sure if I had mentioned in a previous post that the frogs and creatures are VERY LOUD at night! We brought a noise machine to help us sleep but they were still loud enough to give us a few nights of restlessness. The guy below was one of the culprits... this picture does not show his true size- he's about the size of a softball.
The Flemings at dinner.
Preparing ourselves for a delicious meal...we should have done a few stretches before each meal.
The menu for the evening...
So after uploading the photos below of the food, I realized how sad it is that we took pictures of our food. Each morning we'd say to each other "wonder what is on the lunch menu"...then right after lunch, we'd say "wonder what is for dinner"... the food ended up consuming our week. Sad, truly sad.
Shrimp, hearts of palm, and orange salad.
Caprese Salad.
Bacon wrapped scallops, plantains, snow peas.
Fillet with carrots and mashed potatoes.
After dinner we got a ride up the hill to the cottage. Our driver had a crab that he found up the hill- it was huge!
Thursday was a beautiful day and we decided to spend the whole day on the beach. We enjoyed every second of it- basking in the sun, taking small naps, and reading...a little bit of nothing. It was heavenly!
I read about 9 magazine the whole trip and I am only 2 chapters from completing the new Emily Giffin book.
Sunset. This is one of my favorite pictures from the week. How amazing is that sky?!?
A lot of sailboats anchored for the night.
Dinner time. This picture shows how tasteful the decor and furniture was at Hermitage. I wanted one of everything there to take home and decorate the house with. Our favorite friend at Hermitage, Carlton, assisted with taking our photos. Every time we saw him he'd ask "Hey Adam, where's Eve?" Ha! Adam is now Facebook friends with him.
A little crispy from the sun.
Dinner again...mmm!
Overall is was a relaxing, lazy day in the sun. Just was we needed.


No comments:
Post a Comment