Tuesday

Day :: Two

Today was a fabulous day. The sun was out and it was beautiful! Below are a few pictures from yesterday that we didn't upload with the previous blog.
Below is right after our massage... you can tell we were tired but we enjoyed it.
The following photos are from today, Tuesday. We headed out early to board a helicopter ride. The road on the way to the resort is a bumpy dirt road filled with cows, pigs, and goats that just roam the road and country side. Below are some little piglets we saw...they were so cute!!!!
Right before taking off... we were so excited!
Amazing view!
Check out that water!!! AHHH....So blue.
We were taking a tour of Montserrat Volcano. The volcano last erupted in February 2010. The devastation was sad. The town was completely wiped out. 19 people lost their lives. While we were above the volcano, we could see the smoke coming from the top. It was an amazing experience.
Below you can see where the ash from the volcano wiped out the lush vegetation that was once there. The shoreline has completely changed after the eruption.
You can see the buildings, homes, and churches that once existed.
You can especially see the devastation in this photo below... it was crazy to see!
This is the lush vegetation that once existed...this was just on the other side of the volcano.
I love this photo below...
Below you can see the HUGE boulder that was the aftermath of the volcano eruption. There were tons of rocks that came down the side of the volcano.
We look like two big dorks.... this was when I started getting sick...got a little overheated and turned green.
Hermitage Bay below... you can see the roof tops of the cottages on the hillside.
This was our helicopter. The pilot was American.
When we returned, thankfully the weather was beautiful. We threw on our bathing suits and headed for the beach. Our hermit friend enjoyed sunbathing with us. The sand here is very "shell-y"...you can tell a little in this picture.

Adam swears this is Jeremy Pivens from Entourage...totally not...but he does look like him.
So as I write this, I am laid up in bed miserable because I'm so full from meals like this....Keep in mind the food I ate during the engagement consisted of salads, salads, and more salads. This was our "afternoon snack" today...ridiculous is the only thing to say about it. All of the meals here are insanely delicious and Adam and I are eating ourselves sick. We may or may not come back a few pounds heavier. We have had french fries every day since we've been married...ugg!

Good night for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment